Diabetes Lunch Menu
Linguine with roasted eggplant and garlic (serves 4)
1 small eggplant, unpeeled and cut into small cubes
240g fresh or dried linguine
4 small fresh tomatoes or canned no salt added tomatoes
2 scallion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cups parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
1-2 tablespoons light olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220 °C (425 °F).
- Lightly coat the baking pan with olive oil. Then spread eggplant on the pan and sprinkle over with garlic. Roast for appropriately 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine to al dente or follow the paste packaging for directions. Drain and keep warm.
- In a bowl, cut tomatoes into quarters and reserve any juices. Add chopped parsley, scallions, and olive oil. Toss well.
- Then add your paste, and toss well.
- To serve: Place pasta into 4 individual serving bowls, then top with roasted eggplant with garlic. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve warm.
280 calories (20% calories from fat)
1.5g saturated fat
5g dietary fiber
Return To Recipe Homepage