Diabetes Lunch Menu
Chicken, Onions and Mushrooms Rolls (Serves 4)
120g boneless and skinless chicken breasts
1-2 tablespoons light olive oil
1 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 small onions, sliced thinly
4 large mushroom, sliced thinly
4 multi-grain bread rolls cut in half
1 tablespoon low fat and salt mayonnaise
¼ teaspoons prepared horseradish
¼ teaspoon dijon mustard
2 teaspoon ketchup
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat grill.
- Lightly oil a nonstick frying pan. Over medium heat add garlic, then add in onion, and mushroom until golden brown or cooked through. Remove them from heat and set aside.
- Place the chicken in the grill until well done. This should take about 5 minutes depending of the thickness of the chicken. Remove from grill and allow it to stand for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix you sauce.
- After removing the chicken, heat the rolls on the grill, just before assembling.
- Cut you chicken breast into thin slices.
- To serve: To your bread rolls with chicken slices, onions, and mushrooms with a teaspoon of sauce. Serve warm.
240 calories (18% calories from fat)
1.6g saturated fat
3g dietary fiber
Return To Recipe Homepage