Diabetes Breakfast Menu
English Muffin Pizza (serve 1)
½ english muffin
2 tablespoons reduce fat cream cheese (soften)
1 teaspoon reduce fat sour cream
½ teaspoon fine brown sugar
1 small peach or apricot, peeled and sliced
Pinch of ground cinnamon to taste
- Preheat broiler or grill.
- In a bowl, mixture cream cheese and sour cream.
- Spread mixture over the english muffin, and then arrange fruit slices on top.
- Sprinkle some cinnamon and brown sugar over the English muffin
- Place in the broiler or grill until the edges become brown.
- Cut as desire to serve.
180 calories (29% calories from fat)
4.0g saturated fat
3g dietary fiber
Read the article on a recent study carried out by various U.S universities and the Department of Agriculture on how cinnamon into the daily diet can reduce blood sugar levels.
Cinnamon and Diabetes
Return To Recipe Homepage